A linked account allows a parent or guardian to view their children's records and book appointments for their children, without having to set up another account.
- The child must be under 16 or the child-age limit set by the practice.
- The parent or guardian will need to login to their own account to complete the form to request access
- The request is sent to the PatientPack admin portal and processed by the GP practice as below
Process for a GP to set-up and approve a child linkage request:
- Click Linked Accounts.
- Click Pending to see patients who are waiting to be approved.
- Click Approve/Reject next to the patient you want to approve.
- Enter the child’s NHS number with no spaces (or EMIS number for EMIS practices).
- Click Approve
At this stage ensure you check the medical records of both accounts before approving. It is your responsibility to ensure both accounts are suitable for linking.
Once approved you can:
- Click Edit and change the access so parents/guardians can view certain aspects of their child's account (defaults to Appointments and Medication)
- Click Unlink to unlink the account
If you choose patients can also link accounts with a spouse, or someone they care for. Information can be found here: Adult linked accounts