If you work at a GP practice, patients may need your help with NHS login.
Most patients will verify their own identity in the app or service they are using, through NHS login, using their own identity documents or GP online registration details they already have.
Some patients will not be able to do this, or may choose not to. In those instances, you will need to verify their identity and give them their GP online registration details, or reset and reissue their details if they're already registered with GP online services, so they can complete the NHS login set-up process.
Note: External website link(s)https://digital.nhs.uk/services/nhs-login/nhs-login-for-health-and-care/getting-patients-started-with-nhs-login
Patients may ask for their GP Online registration details from their surgery, so they can create an NHS login, because:
- they do not have photo ID that NHS login can accept
- their ID check was unsuccessful or their details could not be matched to their GP record successfully
- their previous GP Online registration details have expired
- they prefer to use this method rather than the ID and video method
- they have moved GP practice recently, and originally verified their identity for NHS login using GP Online details
- the practice has recently changed GP Online supplier
The following article will explain how to give patients GP Online registration details, so they can set up NHS login:
Note: External website link(s)https://digital.nhs.uk/services/nhs-login/nhs-login-for-health-and-care/gp-practice-nhs-login-guidance
How to obtain a linkage key from EmisWeb and SystmOne:
Information: How to use EMIS & SystmOne to generate a Linkage Key for NHS login