All practices now have the ability to link adult accounts
This has been introduced so that someone else (for example spouses, partners or carers) may share access records under one account.
On the linked accounts screen of the app, the patient is shown a message (where the age is shown, this is the maximum age set for child linked accounts defined by their GP practice).
- Sign into the admin portal
- Click Linked accounts
- Click New linked account user
- Fill out the details in the form:
Proxy = Main account holder
Patient details = Patient whose account this is linked to
- You will need to tick the boxes to confirm that you are linking adult accounts, and that you have checked both records fully. You can also change the access levels, as you can with child linked accounts.
- Click on “Create linked accounts”
- The patient will receive an email to say they have had their linked account request has been approved
- More linked accounts can be added in the same way
It is important to make sure that your staff follow your practice policy for linking adult accounts and fully check any records that wish to be linked.
The patient is able to switch into their linked accounts by selecting “switch user” from the app menu.